Sunday, July 31, 2011

A couple more races 7/15-7/20

My second Kermesse took place a little bit south of Brussels. I went with Ludovic, another rider from the team; I don't speak french but we were able to talk a little bit about music, europeans, girls by using sounds, hand signals, and pointing at the radio.





 Like the interclub,  this race was fast and flat. 170 riders moving 48km/hr. More obstacles in the road, including huge cracks running right down the middle. I was a little more comfortable riding in the pack but it was still tough staying at the front, and then, getting off the front. On the last lap, I was moving up along the left side of the road when suddenly, WHAM, the entire group swung left. I almost got run into the gutter at 30 mph. I managed to keep the bike upright, along with the riders around me, but subsequently had to slam on the brakes and lose about 50 places. I finished in the main group and felt good; I just need a little more experience moving up and around in a field of 150 riders.



SUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment